Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
25.11 MB | 21 pages
These reading activities give students the opportunity to think about the informational text that they are reading. Students use digital devices to complete the activities. Important Common Core skills such as finding textual evidence and determining the central idea are included. No copies or handouts are needed.
This informational text is broken down into small sections. Each section is followed by an activity that enables students to process what they have just read before moving on to the next section. Some of the reading activities can be done in pairs. As students move through the assignment, they will gather evidence to answer the essential question.
This resource can be used in place of the textbook or as a supplemental resource. It is compatible with most textbooks. It can also be assigned for homework to students who have access to iPads and laptops at home.
Students with access to iPads or laptops use notebook paper along with their devices to read and complete the activities. This resource also works for students in a classroom with a large projection screen (69”H x 71”W or larger) and an LCD projector.
Topics Covered in the Informational Text:
1. The Cause of Renaissance Advances
2. Renaissance Advances in Art
3. Great Renaissance Artists
4. Renaissance Advances in Literature
5. Renaissance Advances in Science
6. Renaissance Advances in Anatomy
7. Renaissance Advances in Astronomy
This Resource Includes:
• a sample of how students should set up their notebook paper for this assignment
• assignment instructions
• an essential question
• informational text about Renaissance advances that is compatible with most textbooks.
• reading activities such as quick review, answer questions, write questions, recall, determine the central idea, contrast and support a topic sentence
• an explanation and illustrated example for determining the central idea
• an explanation and illustrated example for using evidence to answer an essential question
• an answer key
• determining the central idea of an informational text section
• writing a summary sentence for an informational text section
• using evidence from the text to support a topic sentence
• using textual evidence to answer an essential question
• Please check the preview to make sure this product is right for you.
• This file is not editable; however, I will consider customizing my products per special request.
You may also like…
The Renaissance Reading Activities
The Decline of Feudalism Reading Activities
The Reformation Reading Activities
Consider Following My Store for Timely Updates
You can be the first to know about new product launches, free products, and store discounts. Just click the red “Follow Me” star on my homepage.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me through the contact link.