An excellent 12 page resource that has five different choices to guide students in analyzing Common Core primary sources. A collection of quotes is included, but this activity can be used for ANY collection of quotes in the future. Here's what is included:
1. A Renaissance quotes page from a variety of key players during the Renaissance.
2. Quote Match Activity- Students match quotes to key vocabulary concepts for the Social Sciences like geography, economy, leadership and achievements
3. Interpreting Quotes Activity- Students analyze the meaning of the quote and it's historical context.
4. Internalizing Quotes activity- Students analyze historical meaning and then relate the quote to their own lives.
5. Historical Quote Collage with 4 template frames to draw in. Students create drawings based on key Social Science concepts.
6. Found Poem- Students create a found poem from the quotes using key words and portions of the text. Includes and explanation, example and template.
This activity has choices so students love it. I usually let them choose between two templates I think fit the best for the collection of quotes offered. This is great, easy way to get students working with Common Core Primary source documents that is chunked up and not too overwhelming.
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania, Medici, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Petrarch