Also included in
- World History 1st Semester Complete Course Lesson Plans, Unit Activities, and More!This is everything you need for the first semester of a World History or World Civilizations course. Over 70 individual products and 950 pages in ONE package! Each Unit Includes: Full unit plansDaily bellringers and$163.70$233.86Save $70.16
- This is everything you need for a full World History or World Civilizations complete year long course. Over 140 individual products in ONE package! It includes a comprehensive curriculum with full unit plans, daily bellringers and exits, student activities, and all other needed materials to implemen$299.99$447.03Save $147.04
Teach the Renaissance and Reformation with this complete 20 day unit that transforms your classroom into an interactive learning environment where students can take a Walking Tour into the history of Florence during the Renaissance, can examine the branches of Protestantism, and examine the important people and places of the period.
This is a COMPLETE unit for introducing the Renaissance and Reformation in a World History, European History, or other Social Studies Course.
The unit covers the changes and advancements from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance, the great contributors to the Renaissance, the break from the Catholic Church by Martin Luther, the formation of the Protestant religions, and the Counter Reformation.
Complete unit plan
Interactive lecture powerpoints with complete teacher notes
Meet & Greet People Review
End of unit content review
Reading for Content
Primary Source Analysis
Cause & Effect
Change over Time
The following Individual Activities are included in this bundled unit:
Memo to Teachers
Renaissance & Reformation Suggested Daily Unit Plan w/ Bellringers & Exit Prompts
Luther Viewing Guide (BONUS) - Movie available on Amazon or Netflix
Renaissance & Reformation 1 Page Study Guide
Renaissance & Reformation Unit Test w/Key
**Link to each activity to see more detailed descriptions, thumbnail images and previews.
Student activities are cooperative and utilize reading skills, map reading, chart, graph and image analysis, and investigative abilities. Activities include all resources, including online materials, articles, maps, and charts, and also provided is a student handout or graphic organizer for each lesson activity.
Designed for a World History course as a complete 20 day unit in a block schedule, but easily adapted for a traditional schedule. Very multiple intelligences and varied in activities and skill levels.
Utilizes technology, cooperative group skills, and analysis of resources. Also easily modified for AP World or European History courses.
If you are looking for Google Drive Ready Resources, consider these:
- Walking Tour of Florence Google Drive Version
- Northern Renaissance Google Drive Jigsaw Activity
- Webquest on the Protestant Reformation
Check back often for new units through the school year! Individual activities are also available.
All of the following units are available as part of my World History Semester 1 Complete Package:
Buying from Michele Luck’s Social Studies
If you like this resource, please leave feedback. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know!
You may also want to browse through my TpT Store for other rigorous and collaborative Social Studies resources that can make your in-class or digital and distance learning classroom more interactive for all students!
Thank you for downloading. Happy Teaching!