This Renaissance, Reformation, & Exploration Package has everything you need to teach fun and engaging lessons. You receive a Unit Lesson Plan, a large selection of activities, PowerPoint, guided notes, tests, and much more.
You can check out my Mega Unit Bundle: 8 units – Medieval Period to World War II
If you like this package, you might also like the following units:
Enlightenment and Revolution Package
French Revolution Package
Industrial Revolution Package
World War I Package
Totalitarianism & Holocaust Package
World War II Package
This is what you get in this package:
1. Renaissance, Reformation, & Exploration Unit Lesson Plan (90 minute class periods) - 11 School Days
2. Learning Targets and Study Guide - Includes a unit overview, 11 learning targets, an essential standard, and a self evaluation students can take to assess their understanding of the content being taught. Also includes a list of terms, people, and events students must know to master the learning target.
3.Renaissance, Reformation, & Exploration PowerPoint that Includes: Renaissance Art Quiz (informal pretest), Renaissance Beginnings & Characteristics, Renaissance Literature, Protestant Reformation, Spread of the Reformation, Search for Spices & Exploration, the Conquest of the Americas, & The Atlantic Slave Trade.
4. Guided Fill-in-the-Blank Notes - Matches the PowerPoint
5. Summative Renaissance, Reformation, & Exploration 35 Question Test with Key - Also included: Modified Test with Key
6. Renaissance Bulletin Board Project - (with finished examples) This project can cover ideas from the Renaissance, Reformation, and/or Exploration. Students are asked to build a bulletin board centered around a theme. The theme could be anything they want, as long as they incorporate ideas, events, or people from the time period. For example, one class may choose eBay as their theme. They would need to show someone from the time period selling something they were known for. i.e., Johann Tetzel selling indulgences. All students participate in the creation of the Bulletin Board, are required to hand in a typed report on their person or event, and are responsible for a picture and a description that goes up on the bulletin board.
7. The Prince by Machiavelli Activity with Key - Excerpt from Machiavelli's work followed by questions students need to answer
8. Machiavelli Prompt - Encourages students to think about Machiavelli's ideas and if they apply to today's world
9. The Printing Press: Stop & Think Activity - Asks students to answer the question "How did the invention of the printing press affect the spread of the Reformation?"
10. Impact of the Printing Press Worksheet with Key - Primary sources are provided followed by questions students need to answer
11. Protestant Reformation Timeline Activity with Key - Students are asked to put Reformation events in the correct chronological order
12. Reformation Outline Worksheet with Key - An outline of Causes, Major Events, and Results of the Protestant Reformation, followed by 25 questions students need to answer
13. Why Did Europeans Explore the Sea Worksheet with Key - Primary sources are provided followed by questions students need to answer
14. Christopher Columbus Activity - Primary sources are provided followed by questions students need to answer
15. Exploration Prompt - Encourages students to think about exploration and how their world might be different had exploration not taken hold
16. Smallpox Activity - Secondary sources are provided followed by questions students need to answer
17. Conquest of the Americas and Slave Trade Sourcework Worksheet with Key - A great worksheet that combines Primary and Secondary Source information with questions students need to answer.
18. Columbian Exchange Activity - Secondary sources are provided followed by questions students need to answer
Choose any or all of the activities, projects, or worksheets that cater to your style and how your class learns. Have a great time teaching about the Renaissance, Reformation, & Exploration!
The Historian, World History Lesson Plans, World History grade 10, lesson plans, worksheets, Renaissance, Protestant Reformation, Exploration, 10th grade history, projects, activities, printables, High school history