Introduce the Renaissance
in a whole new way with the resources in this Walking Tour of the Renaissance Bundle.
Start off your Renaissance Unit
with a walk through Florence
on the Italian Peninsula at the beginning of the era
. Explore the movers and shakers of the early Renaissance
and discover the significant contributions of those in Florence
, including the patrons of the arts at the time.
Move further north as your students follow the spread of the Renaissance
with the Northern Renaissance Walking Tour.
Continue with the familiar gallery walk format
to add in the content on greats like William Shakespeare and Johannes Gutenberg.
Use the two resources to compare the impact of the movements
in Italy and Northern Europe in a thematic study
or as a way to practice the skills of comparison and cause and effect
in Social Studies topics.
Each tour offers suggestions for setting it up in your classroom and guides you through how to implement the lesson with your students.
Student note-taking guides are included with fun scroll-like formatting to take students back to the 1400s as they study the shift from the middle ages to the modern age.
For further study of the Renaissance period, take a look at my Renaissance Complete Unit or examine my Mapping the Lands of the Renaissance resource for a quick review of the period.
• Renaissance and Reformation Complete Unit for World History
• Mapping the Lands of the Renaissance Activity - Italian and Northern
• Introduction to the Renaissance from the Middle Ages Step-Notes Lecture
• Overview of Geography, Population, and Culture into Renaissance Europe
• Renaissance Art Virtual Tour Analysis Activity Gallery Walk
• Renaissance People Meet and Greet Activity World History
• Renaissance and Reformation Branches of Protestantism Jigsaw Activity
• Renaissance and Reformation Timeline Review Activity
Shop my TpT Store for other Walking Tours, Archeology Digs, Scavenger Hunts, SPRITE Organizers, and more to help transform your leaning environment into an interactive and engaging classroom!