Renaissance, Reformation, Scientific Revolution: Research Project
is an engaging way to meet figures from t14th and 15th century Europe. What better way to bring the Renaissance to life than to have a soiree in which figures from the Renaissance, Reformation and Scientific Revolution come together? Students research and role play important figures such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Johannes Gutenberg, Pope Urban VIII, Lorenzo de Medici, Galileo Galilei, and more. Scientists, religious figures, reformers, artists, writers, philosophers, mathematicians, and patrons from the Renaissance era are all represented, providing students an ample opportunity to find an interesting figure to become. After detailed research, students literally take on the role of their historical figure at a historical soiree or Renaissance Feast.
"We learn 80% of what we experience." - Glasser
This detailed teacher’s guide includes:
● How to use this resource and complete timeline within the teacher’s guide
● Suggested figures of 30+ individuals with annotated bibliography for figures from the Renaissance, Protestant Reformation and Scientific Revolution
● Student handouts including: research template, historical context template, costume research guide, and guide for preparing for the soiree.
● Complete list of journal entry prompts for use throughout the project
● A complete materials list
Available Renaissance Products Include:
- Renaissance Interactive Notebook Pages
- Art, Invention and Study with Leonardo Da Vinci
- Art, politics and humanism in the Renaissance
- Gutenberg and the Scientific Revolution
- Renaissance: Illustrated Timeline
- Renaissance Unit Project
- Renaissance: What's the Question Bell-Ringers
- Renaissance Art Gallery Walk
- Figures of the Renaissance Activity and Game.
- Renaissance: Comparative Notebook Timeline
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog. Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies) and Math Mondays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Math)
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.