This lesson plan was made to help students learn the difference between renewable and non renewable energy sources. The lesson is also designed to teach students the effects of burning fossil fuels on our environment/climate.
The Learner Goals/Essential Questions for this less are:
• What is renewable energy?
• What are renewable energy sources?
• What is nonrenewable energy?
• What will happen if we continue to use nonrenewable energy?
• How does the burning of fossil fuels affect climate change?
• How is renewable energy used?
• How is the use of renewable energy beneficial to the Earth and to us?
This unit is 6 days worth lessons (~85 minutes per day). The handouts and printables used in this lesson are included below the lesson plan. The PowerPoint for this lesson is also included. Activities that are included:
-Project (creating a commercial)
-Warm ups (Do Now)
This lesson is aligned with the State of Delaware Science Standards & NGSS. The standards that you see within the PowerPoint are the State of Delaware Science Standards (you can delete/edit them in the PowerPoint if you'd like).