Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, percentages, area, perimeter, time, holiday activities, fluency, decomposing, puzzles, game.This jumbo bundle includes all the paid resources created by Mathcurious up to now. 49 resources, print, digital at a discounted price!$560.00$630.00Save $70.00
Base ten blocks, bead strings, 100 grids, place value discs and more manipulatives provide hands-on ways to learn place value, number concepts, operations, measurement, and much more. Students use these manipulatives to physically represent numbers so they can develop a deeper understanding. Building number combinations with manipulatives helps students understand the concept of regrouping or trading and see the logical development of each operation.
Using base 10 blocks for adding numbers allows students to practice regrouping in a conceptual way and reinforces the concept of place value. Students can clearly see how the ones group to become 10s, the 10s become 100s, and so on.
These resources help t
- To practice representing numbers with base 10 blocks, bead strings, and 100 grids
- To practice adding 2/3 digit numbers with base 10 blocks.
With the first resource the students practice
- Finding which number is represented by the blocks, beads, and 100 grid.
- Representing/building numbers with blocks, beads, and 100 grid.
- Finding the value of each digit of a number.
With the second resource the students practice
- Representing the numbers to add.
- Adding two-digit numbers that sum up to less and more than 100 using base 10 blocks as manipulatives.
- Adding three-digit numbers that sum up to less and more than 1000 using base 10 blocks as manipulatives.
- Solving addition problems without representing the numbers, using blocks just to show the regrouping.
- Finding the missing numbers in addition problems where the answer is known.
The first resource includes 130 digital activities and the second one includes 80 activities.
The resource needs to be used in edit mode for the objects (manipulatives) to be movable.