NEW: All fields including the written sections of the comic strip boxes are NOW ELECTRONICALLY FILLABLE so students can complete the project on a computer if desired, or you can continue to print the sheets for students to complete the whole project by hand if that is preferable.The download is now a zip folder with 8 different PDF files - one file is the entire project and 7 other files contain different combinations/sets of pages so you can use them in your classroom in whatever combination works best for you and your class!
This is a project (created by Miss Winning's Classroom) that asks student to research and then express their learning creatively about what daily life might have been like for a historical character (real or imagined) from a particular social class/occupation in a particular country or region (their choice or the teacher's) in medieval times.
The following aspects of the project are open to differentiation:
• length of the project/writing assignment
• expectations for complexity of details and written language
• the particular region and/or occupations & social class
systems being studied
• independent work or partner work
• way in which students communicate the information (suggested options are through a fictional journal entry or a comic strip story about a 'day in the life' of the chosen character, but other options are also possible and can be negotiated by teacher and student)
This package includes the following:
• Choices & Instructions/Criteria sheets
• Project Choice and Research References recording sheet
• Assessment and Comments sheet
• Reproducible pages for student work – copy these sheets as
many times as needed for your students, or send the document to the students electronically for them to fill and email back to you!
The assessment page for this assignment can be (but does not need to be) used in conjunction with my general/universal assessment rubric, found here in my store:
General or Universal Assessment Rubric for Any Assignment or Activity
PLEASE remember to help me out by RATING and PROVIDING FEEDBACK! Thanks and Happy Teaching and Learning!
Please note: this product is NEARLY IDENTICAL to the other one in my store on Daily Life in Ancient Civilizations. The wording of the instructions and assessment sheets has been slightly altered to fit the time period being studied.
Research & Creative Writing Project: Ancient Daily Life & Social Class Systems
Research & Creative Writing Project: Medieval Daily Life & Social Class Systems
by Miss Winning's Classroom
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License