Students research and write an informative composition on George Washington and his role in the American Revolution. An informative reading passage, note taking outline, and blank writing page is included in this purchase. In addition, a reflection page is provided. Students respond to 4 prompts as if they were George Washington. For example, Do you consider yourself a hero? Why or why not? This could be used for all students or fast finishers. Multiple Common Core Standards and Texas TEKS Writing objectives are supported.
Researching General George Washington
Note* This is part of a larger product which can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Just click this link!
Researching Revolutionary War Heroes
* 1 Reading Passage
* 3 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 1 outline provides topics
~ 1 outline is blank / students provide topics and subtopics
* 1 Composition Pages
* 1 Reflection Page
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* Use for American History Museum, writing contest, Differentiation,
* Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Any verbally advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Researching Mathematicians and Scientists
Researching African Americans
Researching Presidents' Day
Positive feedback would be appreciated!
Teachers Pay Teachers / Kathy Adams