Provide your students the opportunity to learn about an influential monarch to world history with this research guide, designed to shepherd learning from the planning process to a polished essay through the use of L-EA’s thoughtfully scaffolded activities.
A “10-second sub plan” (just print and drop on your desk!) or the basis of a weeks-long research unit, this product includes:
- presentation to assist with essay formatting teaching
- A research essay writing assignment handout that includes essay requirements, a due date calendar, research essay writing tips, a peer edit checklist, and standards-based grading rubric (Standards: CCRA.W.2, CCRA.W.7, and CCRA.L.3) - See PREVIEW
- An influential monarchs research planning and note-taking activity that assists students on selecting a research subject and includes instructions for straightforward background research, a symbolic art activity, and a space to cite quality sources and record notes - See PREVIEW
- A research essay outlining activity, where students can use their notes to construct the building blocks of their essay - See PREVIEW
- All 6-pages of this lesson are provided in B&W and full color (for lucky teachers with access to color printing!)
LESSONS AND UNITS:
: : : : : : : : : : (FREE) : (FREE) : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
All The Language of Educational Art’s research guides are provided in PowerPoint Show and print-ready, bookmarked, and adjustable PDF files. Please contact us if different file types or page edits are desired.
The Language of Educational Art produces ready resources for the overworked English teacher. All L-EA content is created to be straightforward, engaging, and clear enough for a “10-second sub plan.” If there is content you wish we had, let us and we’ll create it. Easier still, give us a and enjoy our .