- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
What if research assignments were more fun for students to do - and for you to read? It’s not an impossible dream. Asking students to create a research-based magazine will allow them to have fun AND learn important research skills at the same time (Be sure to download the preview for a detailed look at the resource).
✔️ Everything is editable and students can choose whichever topic they want. You will get:
- several mini-lessons and activities that will allow students to review and practice research skills like paraphrasing and selecting & embedding effective quotations.
- activities focus on developing real life research questions - things students want to know about
- instructions to show them how to put together a magazine style project that explores and answers the questions they start with.
- access to tips and editable templates that will help them put together a magazine that they will be super proud to share.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This made writing research papers FUN. This unit really drags for me and my students, but this resource made it fun. I like that the students could dive into a topic from many facets and made a bigger task much more manageable.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students loved this twist on a normal research paper and were engaged during the entire unit. The sample magazine was a huge help and gave students a good model for what their final product should look like. They loved sharing their final magazines with classmates!
If you want a more detailed resource for embedding quotations, check this out.
Other Products for Writing
✅ Transitions Learning Stations
✅ Persuasive Writing: Guide Your Students Through the Process
✅ Awkward Wording: Help your students write strong sentences
Get tips, strategies, and freebies:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Copyright © ROOM 213
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.