What if research assignments were more fun for students to do - and for you to read? It’s not an impossible dream. Asking students to create a research-based magazine will allow them to have fun AND learn research skills at the same time (Be sure to download the preview for a detailed look at the resource).
Everything is editable and students can choose whichever topic they want.
- You will have access to several mini-lessons and activities that will allow students to review and practice research skills like paraphrasing and selecting & embedding effective quotations.
- Next students will develop real life research questions - things they want to know about - then put together a magazine style project that explores and answers the questions they start with.
- Students will have access to tips and editable templates that will help them put together a magazine that they will be super proud to share.
Everything is designed to be shared via Google Drive or Classroom.
If you want a more detailed resource for embedding quotations, check this out.
Looking for other resources that will engage students while distance learning?
- Digital Choice Boards
- One-Sliders for Any Text
- Writing Challenges
- Engaging Activities for Online Learning
- Informational Texts for Distance Learning
- Check out all of my online resources here.
Connect with me for teaching tips and ideas: