Teaching students how to write a research paper can be difficult. This FULL UNIT makes it easier for the teacher to teach students to write quality research papers. This resource will walk your students step-by-step through the writing process- from brainstorming ideas to publishing the final product.
In this product you will find a complete guide for writing research papers. From beginning research to the finished product, this guide is perfect for grades 4-6. Below you will find a list of what is included in the download:
- Suggested Timeline
- Teacher Tips
- Packet Cover
- Due Dates for Project
- Unit Outcomes
- Brainstorming Ideas Page
- KWL Chart
- How to Research
- Taking Notes/Using Notecards
- How to write an outline
- Outline template (for a 3 or 5 body paragraph paper)
- How to Draft Diagram
- Opening/Closing Paragraphs
- Rough Draft Writing Pages (for a 3 or 5 body paragraph paper)
- Work Cited Guide
- Sample Essay
- Both Color and B&W Options
If you are looking for a digital version of this research paper? You can find my Digital Research Paper for Google Slides™ here!
See what teachers are saying about this resource:
- "I am not a great writer to begin with but was told I had to teach writing this year. This was so easy to follow it made me look good too! I love how clear the steps were and the checklist at the end was great too. I felt this was a very, easy to use and complete set of information. Thank you!"
- "I LOVED using this to guide my students step by step through research writing! It is very detailed and laid out well. I'm so happy it also came with a rubric. I will be using this year after year!"
- "This resource was everything I needed for my fifth and sixth graders to stay organized while writing their research papers. It was the perfect packet to allow them to pace themselves through our end of the year writing project."
Check Out Some Related Resources:
Connect with Me!