Each year, my students learn the art of writing a quality research paper. The amount of information they need to know can be daunting, so I put it all together for them in a Writing Field Guide. This document includes information about format, outlining, writing a thesis statement, finding documentation and support, Using note cards, editing, citing resources, Creating a Title page, keeping organized, and even plagiarism.
I have also included a student checklist to make sure they are keeping up with due dates and the process, and a grading rubic for the instructor.
This document includes instruction / information on the following topics:
1) What is a research paper, and how does it differ from a report?
2) How do I start a quality research paper?
3) How do I write a thesis statement?
4) What is Plagiarism, and how do I avoid it? (examples included)
5) How do I write an outline? (examples included)
6) How do I use note cards effectively during my research? (examples included)
7) What are the format details? (MLA Format)
8) How do I make a title page? (example included)
9) How do I make a works cited page, and why? (examples included)
10) Editing notes and reminders
11) Student checklist to keep on track with research content and due dates
12) Teacher rubric for grading entire project