Also included in
- Do you use the National Parks with your students? This comprehensive bundle includes 18 resources to bring the national parks to your classroom. From math to writing, project based learning and research activities, this bundle will carry you through the year! Save over 30% by purchasing the bundle!M$48.00$68.50Save $20.50
Teaching students how to write a research paper can be difficult. This FULL UNIT makes it easier for the teacher to teach students to write quality research papers about the National Parks. This resource will walk your students step-by-step through the writing process- from brainstorming ideas to publishing the final product.
In this product you will find a complete guide for writing research papers, including specific pages about the National Parks. From beginning research to the finished product, this guide is perfect for grades 4-6. Below you will find a list of what is included in the download:
- Suggested Timeline
- Teacher Tips
- PowerPoint About 12 Parks
- Park Selection Handout/Assignment Sheet
- Packet Cover
- Due Dates for Project
- Unit Outcomes
- Brainstorming Ideas Page
- KWL Chart
- Guiding Questions
- How to Research
- Taking Notes/Using Notecards
- How to write an outline
- Outline template (for a 3 or 5 body paragraph paper)
- How to Draft Diagram
- Opening/Closing Paragraphs
- Rough Draft Writing Pages (for a 3 or 5 body paragraph paper)
- Work Cited Guide
- Sample Essay
- Both Color and B&W Options
National Parks included: Yellowstone, Glacier, Olympic, Arches, Denali, Hawaii Volcanoes, Zion, Wrangell-St. Elias, Acadia, Everglades, Great Smoky Mountains, Wind Cave (however, it can be adapted to any national park)
LOOKING FOR MORE NATIONAL PARK RESOURCES? SAVE AND PURCHASE MY NATIONAL PARK ULTIMATE BUNDLE!
*Please note this research paper uses the same format as my best selling Research Paper. This version includes additional pages relating directly to researching the national parks.
See what teachers are saying about this resource:
- "Awesome resource for a research project that kids will really get in to! Some of my students picked a national park that their family was planning to visit... talk about making connections and keeping them engaged! Thanks :)"
- "This was well laid out and easy to use. My students loved researching the National Parks and this packet helped guide them through the research process!"
- "This product is worth every penny! It is a great way for your students to be organized in a research project!"
Check Out Some Related Resources:
Connect with Me!