Also included in
- Teaching Writing in Secondary ELA: Cover all the major writing strands in your middle school or high school English class with this Ultimate Writing Bundle.This download provides writing instruction for an entire year!This bundle includes everything you need to teach your students the three discipli$24.99$30.97Save $5.98
- This digital research paper writing unit includes my traditional research paper writing unit and my digital research paper writing unit that works with Google Drive!The digital SMARTePlans version includes:- ePlan teacher instructions (GoogleDrive and Microsoft OneDrive) - a link to 26 slides of res$15.00$21.50Save $6.50
- This Research Paper Writing Bundle includes lessons on paraphrasing, quoting, summarizing, 8th edition MLA format and citations, research paper writing, and academic vocabulary. This Research Paper Writing Unit Bundle is includes everything you will need to help your students master research writing$18.99$31.50Save $12.51
- A Secondary ELA Curriculum Bundle that offers both traditional print and Google digital resources for middle school ELA and high school English!Engage your students digitally with this traditional print and Google-based secondary English language arts curriculum bundle. This secondary English resour$349.99$636.83Save $286.84
- This writing unit includes 14 of my best writing resources including research paper writing, argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, and more! This is perfect for the secondary ELA classroom. This writing mega bundle contains all of the writing resources, teaching materials, assign$69.99$88.97Save $18.98
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$239.99$422.63Save $182.64
Research Paper Writing with updated 8th edition MLA format information: This research paper writing unit includes everything you need to teach research paper writing and MLA formatting and citations to your students.
This step-by-step resource reviews the eight steps of research writing with students: selecting topics, generating questions, brainstorming, researching and gathering credible information, organizing and outlining, writing the first draft, peer editing, and finalizing the paper.
This research paper writing unit includes 2 files:
- An engaging and editable, 49 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with teaching materials.
Want interactive Google Files also? Check out this SMARTePlans Research Writing resource:
The PowerPoint presentation is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of research paper writing and MLA format, which is updated for the current 8th edition requirements. This lesson covers the the steps to writing a research paper, the differences between reliable and unreliable sources, MLA citations and formatting, source cards, and more. There is even a quick video that demonstrates how to set up a document in MLA format in Microsoft Word.
The supplementary material includes:
- A multi-day, standards-based unit outline
- An MLA citations and source cards student handout
- Source card graphic organizer
- Research writing guidelines handout
- Research essay outline
- Research essay assignment about an invention created before 1950
- Multiple research writing graphic organizers
- Peer edit form
This resource is included in these three bundles:
Going Digital? Check out the digital SMARTePlans lesson for this resource:
SMARTePlans Digital Research Paper Writing Unit for Google Drive