Products in this Bundle (2)
This digital research paper writing unit includes my traditional research paper writing unit and my digital research paper writing unit that works with Google Drive!
The digital SMARTePlans version includes:
- ePlan teacher instructions (GoogleDrive and Microsoft OneDrive)
- a link to 26 slides of research writing brainstorming, outlining, note-taking, and writing. - digital assignment handout, multiple graphic organizers, peer editing and self check forms, and an interactive rubric.
The traditional research writing teaching unit includes:
Research Paper Writing with updated 8th edition MLA format information: This research paper writing unit includes everything you need to teach research paper writing and MLA formatting and citations to your students.
This step-by-step resource reviews the eight steps of research writing with students: selecting topics, generating questions, brainstorming, researching and gathering credible information, organizing and outlining, writing the first draft, peer editing, and finalizing the paper.
This research paper writing unit includes 2 files:
- An engaging and editable, 49 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with teaching materials.
The PowerPoint presentation is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of research paper writing and MLA format, which is updated for the current 8th edition requirements. This lesson covers the the steps to writing a research paper, the differences between reliable and unreliable sources, MLA citations and formatting, source cards, and more. There is even a quick video that demonstrates how to set up a document in MLA format in Microsoft Word.
The supplementary material includes:
- A multi-day, standards-based unit outline
- An MLA citations and source cards student handout
- Source card graphic organizer
- Research writing guidelines handout
- Research essay outline
- Research essay assignment about an invention created before 1950
- Multiple research writing graphic organizers
- Peer edit form
These two resources are included in this bundle:
Connect with me!