Students research and write an informative composition on Patrick Henry and his role in the American Revolution. An informative reading passage, note taking outlines, and blank writing page is included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and Texas TEKS Writing objectives are supported. In addition, a page is included in which students reflect and respond to 4 prompts as if they were Patrick Henry. This could be used for fast finishers or as an extension to the research.
Researching Patrick Henry
* 1 Reading Passage
* 3 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 1 outline provides topics
~ 1 outline is blank / students provide topics and subtopics
* 1 Composition Pages
* 1 Reflections Page
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* Use for American History Museum, writing contest, Differentiation,
* Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Any verbally advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Researching Betsy Ross
Researching Texas Indians
Researching Leaders of the Alamo
TED Talks / Thomas Suarez / APP Developer
Please visit my store for more products.
Teachers Pay Teachers / Kathy Adams