Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.17 MB | 21 pages
This power pack (27% discount over buying a la carte) includes 5 items to assist your students with their research skills.
1. MLA Citations Information Sheet and Sample Notes- This information sheet outlines for students how to cite their sources using MLA format. Includes information on when and why to cite, how to create parenthetical citations and a works cited page, and sample MLA book and website citations. There is also a sample notes page attached. I used it when I had my students create handouts on Ancient Rome to model the product for them.
2. Reliable Website Webquest Worksheet- Looking for a quick way for your students to practice deciding the reliability of websites? Then this webquest is for you. Students are asked to look at 10 websites- 5 for each of 2 topics. For each website, they judge the site's URL, make notes using the CARDS system, and then give each site up to a 4 star rating.
3. Research Paper Sample Note Cards- The tried and true method of gathering research- the note cards. This handout models how to set up a works cited card and research card. Great reference source for students during their research unit.
4. MLA Sample Formatting Research Paper- This sample paper is formatted as an MLA-style research paper. This is a great tool for helping students understand how to format their papers- heading, page numbers, quotes, etc. Great handout for the beginning of a research paper unit for students to reference as they work.
5. Research & Wiki Project- This project was originally formatted for a folk literature unit, but can be revised for any other topic.
This unit asks students to:
--review and practice using the CARDS system for reliable resources
--review and practice using easybib.com to cite sources in MLA format
--determine how to format wikis
--research a topic and build a wiki as a group
--Exit slips (PowerPoints for each folk lit topic are not included- if you purchase this product, please email me and I will send them to you)
--Reliable Sources Webquest
--Wiki formatting activity
**As always, if you have any questions about this product, please feel free to contact me :)