Also included in
- Teaching Secondary Writing is now effortless! Perfect for distance learning!$25 OFF!This bundle contains 10 of my top-rated no prep writing guides for an entire year of no prep writing lessons for middle school or high school!Every packet is self-guiding for student-led or teacher-led writing practi$50.00$75.00Save $25.00
Self-guided research packet and Google Doc. Perfect for Google Classroom or distance learning!
Research and the Research Essay Process is a vital skill for any student in order to be successful through school and beyond. It covers multiple standards and is time consuming to design organization materials and to teach explicitly. NOT ANY MORE!
This packet takes students step by step through the research and writing process in 10-15 days (depending on student skill level and in class work time available).
Designed for grades 6 - 9, but can be used for younger or older grades. Ideally, you would give the entire packet to students at the beginning of the unit, and then they can guide themselves EFFORTLESSLY through the packet, one day at a time.
Editable .docx and Google Doc contains 30-page packet to use with 7 suggested teen research issues or ANY topic:
1. High School Dropouts
2. Underage Drinking and/or Drug Use
3. Childhood and Adolescent Homelessness
4. Body Image and Self-Esteem
5. Bullying and Cyber Bullying
6. The Effects of Social Media
7. The Effects of Television and Video Games
The packet includes instructions, exemplar guidelines, outlines and drafting templates for each of the following steps:
- Choose Research Topic & Collect Appropriate Sources
- Record Citations
- Take Notes on Research
- Read sample outline and in-line citations
- Outline Body Paragraphs
- Create a Thesis Statement
- Draft the Introduction
- Draft Body Paragraphs
- Write the Conclusion
- Create a Works Cited/Reference Page
- Self & Peer Edit
- Publish Final Draft
- 100-Point Rubric: Based directly on editing checklist for effortless grading!
MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL WRITING ACTIVITIES
CULTURALLY RELEVANT SECONDARY
NEED MORE NO PREP RESOURCES?