This bundle is a great way to improve reading, writing, and research skills while teaching general knowledge and fascinating facts about the United States.
get a workout as students "look-up" key information in an encyclopedia or digital source to help them complete the "Research the Facts" activities. From Alabama to Wyoming, each of the lessons features a collection of clues to solve an accompanying puzzle.
Students read a simple presentation of information about each state and then answer specific questions designed to improve reading comprehension. Skills include reading for details, locating information, and finding facts.
get perfected as students complete bonus writing activities for every state!
- 50 high-interest/low readability informational text about each state
- 50 research puzzle activities
- United States outline maps
- list of states, capitals, and abbreviations
- a capitals and abbreviations test page
- addresses where students can write to receive information about each state
- a letter format which may be addressed to request information from a state
Reading Level 3-4 | Interest Level 5-8
All of the materials in this bundle are sold separately on TpT. Follow the links below to read detailed descriptions for each title.
The 2 Titles in this Bundle Include:
State the Facts
Research the Nifty Fifty States