Each one of these 20 research task cards presents a SINGLE fact about the month of April. Each fact is followed up with three research questions pertinent to that fact. Each question is easily researched, and the answers could be found in multiple resources.
My students primarily use the subscription-based World Book Encyclopedia online; however, nearly ALL of the answers can also be located on the free website, FactMonster.
Researching the answers to simple questions is a multi-skill task. It requires students to read for comprehension, identify key words, locate pertinent articles, scan for information, and seek accurate answers.
* 20 COLORED Research Task Cards
* 20 Identical Research Task Cards in Black and White
* An April-themed recording sheet
* An answer key with answers to all questions
Perfect for BOTH Teachers and Librarians
* Set up a monthly research center. Include the task cards, answer sheets, and resources.
* Use the cards as a colorful bulletin board. Make more than one copy of the cards and encourage students to take them back to their seats.
* Establish the research cards as an activity for fast finishers. Challenge students to complete a certain number of questions.
More in the Research Task Card Series
January Research Task Cards
February Research Task Cards
March Research Task Cards
April Research Task Cards
May Research Task Cards
June Research Task Cards
July Research Task Cards
August Research Task Cards
September Research Task Cards
October Research Task Cards
November Research Task Cards
December Research Task Cards
?? Looking to save a bundle ??
If you are thinking about purchasing more than one of the Monthly Research Task Card sets, consider checking out the bundle. You will get ALL twelve months of research cards, a total of 240 cards, for 40% OFF the price of purchasing each one individually. IT'S A GREAT DEAL!!
Interested? Click HERE FOR THE BUNDLE