Informative Research and Writing: Texas Indians, the Apache
* NOTE *
This is part of a larger product that can be found in my teacher store. It includes 5 Native American tribes that called Texas home.
Researching Texas Native Americans
Students research and write an informative composition on the Apache, Native Americans who roamed Texas. An informative reading passage, note taking outline, and blank writing page is included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and Texas TEKS Writing objectives are supported.
* 1 Reading Passage
* 2 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 1 outline provides topics
~ 1 outline is blank / students provide topics and subtopics
* 1 Composition Pages
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* Use for TX History Museum, writing contest, Differentiation,
* Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Any verbally advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Researching William B. Travis
Leaders of the Alamo
Researching Presidents' Day
Positive feedback would be appreciated!
Kathy Adams / TPT