Research Writing - Teach students how to write a research paper
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Research Paper Writing Unit Bundle includes five and resources to help make teaching resource paper writing a breeze. This research writing unit includes lessons on paraphrasing, quoting, summarizing, 9th edition MLA format and citations, research paper writing, and academic vocabulary. This RePrice $23.50Original Price $32.25Save $8.75
- Get a full year's worth of essay writing units and materials complete with organizers, and outlines for informative, narrative, argument, and research writing! This essay writing bundle includes four comprehensive writing units that teach students how to write for each of the main writing strands. EPrice $30.00Original Price $43.00Save $13.00
- This writing unit includes 15 of my best writing resources including research paper writing, argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, and more! This is perfect for the secondary ELA classroom. This writing mega bundle contains all of the writing resources, teaching materials, assignPrice $76.40Original Price $95.50Save $19.10
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and securedPrice $239.99Original Price $405.92Save $165.93
- Engage your learners with this Research Paper Writing Unit that includes both digital and print resources to make teaching research a breeze! This research writing unit includes an instructional presentation, 9th edition MLA format, and all of the needed resources for writing a research paper! The tPrice $15.00Original Price $21.50Save $6.50
- If you are looking for resources for an entire year of middle school ELA or high school English, this secondary ELA curriculum is for you! This English Curriculum includes both traditional print and editable digital files to help you plan your best year yet!This ELA curriculum is ideal for grades 7-Price $349.99Original Price $567.70Save $217.71
Take the stress out of teaching your students how to write a research paper with this complete research writing unit! This comprehensive and complete research paper writing unit will help you teach your students how to write a research paper.
This step-by-step resource teaches your students the 8 steps of research writing and includes every single thing you could need for a successful research writing unit! Plus, it is updated for 9th edition MLA!
The editable teaching presentation is ideal for direct instruction and includes multiple days of guided instruction! The research writing presentation introduces students to the eight steps for completing a research project: selecting topics, generating questions, brainstorming, researching and gathering credible information, organizing and outlining, writing the first draft, peer editing, and finalizing the paper.
This research writing unit includes:
- a 72-slide, editable instructional presentation
- a multi-day unit outline to help you plan instruction
- MLA citations and source cards student handout
- source card graphic organizer
- research writing guidelines handout
- research paper outline
- research paper assignment about an invention created before 1950
- multiple research paper writing graphic organizers
- Peer edit form
- Research paper grading rubric
- and a DIGITAL link to a Google-based assignment handout
Your students will love how easy research writing will be! This unit simplifies research paper writing and makes it more accessible for all learners. You'll see a tremendous improvement in your students' writing!
The research writing instructional presentation is a multi-day teaching presentation that introduces students to the basics of research paper writing and MLA format, which is updated for the current 9th edition MLA requirements.
The research paper writing presentation covers the steps to writing a research paper, the differences between reliable and unreliable sources, MLA citations and formatting, source cards, and more. It also includes writing examples and sentence starters to help students improve their research writing skills.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ DHH of the Lakes says, "My students really benefited from such a structured way to write their first research paper. They loved the topic choices and each student enjoyed researching their chosen topic. Thank you for creating such a wonderful resource and sharing it with us!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Makayla R. says, "I loved this resource! The PowerPoint is so so helpful. It walks you through everything from the bare basics of ‘what is research’ to ‘how to cite sources. Such a time-saver for teachers who don’t have time to make all their own power points."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Malinda B. says, "The PowerPoint was amazing! Easy to understand, concise, and able to use as a scaffolding tool from beginning to end of the research paper. The additional materials were great, and helped out tremendously with visual learners, as it had several graphic organizers included. I would highly recommend!"
You may also like…
→ Academic Vocabulary - Words about Research
* Make sure you click the "follow" button next to my picture so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. Doing so will help you earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.