Informative Research and Writing: Juan Seguin
Students research and write an informative composition on Juan Seguin, a leader in the fight for Texas Independence and a defender of the Alamo! An informative reading passage, note taking outline, and blank writing page is included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and Texas TEKS Writing objectives are supported.
This activity is part of a larger product which can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Please use this link if interested!
Leaders of the Alamo (6 Research Activities)
* 1 Reading Passage
* 2 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 1 outline provides topics
~ 1 outline is blank / students provide topics and subtopics
* 1 Composition Pages
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* Use for TX Independence Day, TX History Museum, writing contest, Differentiation,
* Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Any verbally advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Research and Informative Writing: Archimedes
Research and Informative Writing: Mathematicians