Also included in
- 7 PRODUCTS to motivate your students during Back to School season! Amazing slideshow teaches SMART goal setting. EASY PREP! Watch motivational videos. Print or edit handouts. Use this package again and again every year!YOUR WEEK OF LESSONS:Use the NO PREP Independent Writing packet Show the GOAL SET$10.00$20.00Save $10.00
- Encourage a GROWTH MINDSET to deal with life obstacles, systemic racism, Covid 19, and academic challenges! High Interest FUN lessons that can be used ANY TIME! Perfect for the START of the school year or AFTER a COVID LOCKDOWN. Explicitly teach students: HOW to build character, be good citizens, co$67.50$132.16Save $64.66
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store.As I add more resources, the price of this product will increase. This is because TpT caps the discount I can offer on products in a bundle. I can only reduce the price by 50% in a bundle.Once you buy this pro$114.75$229.16Save $114.41
EASY NO PREP Back to School Goal Setting Activity.
MOTIVATIONAL LETTER TO STUDENTS explains how setting goals is not a "school" thing, but a life thing.
- Brainstorming handouts,
- Writing activity,
- 20 motivational videos for IN-PERSON or ONLINE learning.
PRINT the PDF or EDIT the Google Docs or Microsoft Word files.
ONLINE version lets students use Google Slides / Microsoft Powerpoint to fill in text boxes on the graphic organizer.
This is a life long teaching tool that you can use multiple times throughout the year.
Includes 4 themes to help your students become the best version of themselves:
- New Year's Resolutions ("the original")
- Any time Personal Goals and Resolutions
- Distance Learning Goals and Resolutions
- Back to School Goals and Resolutions
There is also a follow up Goal Setting CHECK IN handout package (FILE 5) to help students achieve their goals.
Help your students adjust to an ever changing world.
- Reflect on challenges and successes of the past.
- Brainstorm things they want to do more of (and less of) starting today.
- Brainstorm the "why" behind their goals.
- Write a paragraph. (Optional rubric included.)
We don’t have to wait until the New Year to set goals. We can choose to get better anytime in the year, starting today:
- At the start of the school year or semester.
- After you get back a major assignment or report card.
- When you switch to online learning from in-person learning (or vice-versa)
- And yes, after New Year’s Eve!
BONUS #1: FREE slideshow to help students set SMART goals. Explain HOW to work smarter, and not just harder.
BONUS #2: Here are 20 optional videos about goal-setting that go well with this handout package.
Setting goals is easy. Achieving them requires work... (sorry!)
⭐ Teach a Growth Mindset. SAVE TIME and MONEY by using the 6 Cs / 21st Century Learning Skills MEGA bundle.
▶️ GOAL SETTING VIDEOS - START HERE playlist
- Welcome video
- SEOT 1: Just start
- SEOT 2: Keep the streak alive
- SEOT 3: Measure progress
- SEOT 4: Stop, observe, wonder
- SEOT 5: Stop digging holes
- SEOT 6: Fail challenge
- SEOT 7: Check in
- SEOT 8: Get creative
- SEOT 9: Ask why
- SEOT 10: Set a timer
- SEOT 11: Stick to the plan
- SEOT 12: Procrastinate with purpose
- SEOT 13: Visualize success
- SEOT 14: Do the next right thing
- SEOT 15: Pivot and try something new
- SEOT 16: Write it down
- SEOT 17: Work backwards
- SEOT 18: Celebrate small wins
- SEOT 19: Find correlations
- SEOT 20: Play with mistakes
HEY TEACHERS !!!
- If you use this FREE resource, let me know how it goes! Please come back and leave an honest review!
- If you like this kind of stuff, please read this post. I want to help teachers like you get the resources you need!
..... Tuesday Sep 21, 2021 update: Hey, this is cool... check it out!
- I'm trying to giving away $100, $50, $25, $10 TpT gift cards to teachers!
- No one has entered the contest so your chances of winning are EPIC.
- The Critical Thinking Challenge ends on Sep 30, 2021 (11:59 PM ET)
My name is Mike Fuchigami. I'm the teacher behind Educircles.
- I want to help you SAVE HOURS of PREP.
- My goal is EMPOWER STUDENTS to survive and thrive in a changing world!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel for free lessons!
- FOLLOW my Facebook page for free resources and tips!
- FOLLOW this TpT store for free TpT gift cards!
⭐⭐⭐ SO FAR, I'VE DONATED $7,098 of sales to STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH CHARITIES! Thank you for purchasing an Educircles product!
⭐⭐⭐ I'VE ALSO GIVEN AWAY $845 in TpT GIFT CARDS to TEACHERS!
- Congratulations to Emily (Ceredigion, UK) who won a $100 TpT gift card and Nadia (Sierra Vista, US) who won $50 ▶️ VIDEO
- Congratulations to A (Guam, US) who won a $25 TpT gift card in July !! ▶️ VIDEO
⭐⭐⭐ THE NEXT 4 TEACHERS to answer will AUTOMATICALLY win a $10 TpT gift card
- Question 1: Where do you teach (city, country)?
- Question 2: What do you teach (grades / subjects)?
- Question 3 is waiting for you in your TpT inbox
The following teachers won a $10 TpT gift card!
- Elizabeth (Fort Covington, US)
- Anyone? Anyone?
- ??? This gift card could have your name on it!
FOLLOW MY STORE to get the next set of questions!
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Teachers around the world have DOWNLOADED over 34,922 Educircles resources!
This interactive map shows the cities where teachers have bought one of my resources!
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
✅ LEARNING SKILLS in a world of Covid, Systemic Racism and Constant Change!
- BUILD character: develop resilience during uncertain times.
- EMPOWER classroom citizenship: actively participate in our school, local and global community to make the world a better place.
- THINK critically instead of reacting to fear, viral videos, or fake news.
- EVALUATE systemic discrimination in a real world case study: how might a system impose unfair burdens on a group of people?
✅ SAVE HOURS OF PREP (and money) with the bundle!
- Reading Strategies bundle
- Goal Setting bundle
- The Educircles EVERYTHING Bundle (Psst, the price goes up as I add more resources to my store.)
Product Change Log
Version 2021d: Back to School Update July 14, 2021
- Changed NO PREP, JUST PRINT (FILE 0) to Back to School letter + handouts
- Added Back to School Introduction Letter to students (FILE 3)
- Added Back to School version of Goal Setting brainstorming handouts (FILE 4d)
- Fixed minor text errors and missing table lines.
- Updated PDF about current Educircles TpT gift card giveaway info (FILE 1b)
- Added © copyright symbol on handout footers. Educircles products are original works that fall under copyright protection from the moment of creation. The copyright symbol is for clarity and to discourage unauthorized distribution. Please download Educircles products from the . (Even the free ones!)
Version 2021c: END OF THE YEAR Update June 4, 2021
- Added End of Year Introduction Letter to students (FILE 3)
- Fixed cut-off font in New Year’s Resolution brainstorming handout (FILE 4a)
- Updated the NO PREP PRINT ME FIRST FILE (FILE 0) to include the letter to students about goal setting at the End of the Year (FILE 3) and the generic any time resolution brainstorming handout (FILE 4b)
- I’ve changed the file numbers so everything with the same file number is a theme variation (but the different file numbers represent different content)
- FILE 3 Letters
- FILE 4 Brainstorming handout
- FILE 5 Check in #2 handout
- Updated and renamed Read Me First PDF (FILE 1a) to include information about End of Year theme.
- Updated information about how to edit the Google Slides using “Theme Builder” (formerly called “Slide Master”)
- Added PDF about current Educircles TpT gift card giveaway info (FILE 1b)
2021b UPDATE (Feb 17, 2021): Any time personal goals / resolutions messaging
- Replaced language about New Year Resolutions with Anytime personal goal resolutions in the Read Me First PDF (FILE 1)
- Changed the No Prep print me first (FILE 0) to be a copy of the Any Time Personal Resolution handout (FILE 4) instead of the New Year’s 2021 resolutions. You know, seeing as January is over.
- Added links to 20 Goal Setting YouTube Videos.
- The rest of the handouts, files, and Google Drive links have not changed.
2021a UPDATE (Dec 18, 2020): Due to technical reasons with TpT’s online (Google) resource product format, I’ve switched back to a zipped format download.
- The zipped file includes: NO PRINT PDFs, Microsoft Word files (to edit the handouts) and Microsoft Powerpoint (for distance learning), PDF with links to make your own copy of Google Docs and Google Slides files.
- Includes 3 versions: 2021 New Year’s Resolution (FILE 3), Any Time Personal Resolution (FILE 4), Distance Learning Check-Ins #1 and Check-In #2 (FILE 5 and FILE 6)
2021 UPDATE (Dec 9, 2020): This file has been updated into a one-click copy Google Drive product. There is a link in FILE 2 that will let you download a dropbox zipped file with the Microsoft Word and Powerpoint files. The Distance Learning Check In packages are currently only available as MS Word and Powerpoint but I will upload Google Drive versions soon!
Handout Packet - Distance Learning Check In #1 (5 pages):
- Students reflect on great moments and tough obstacles since the pandemic started.
- Then, brainstorm goals and ways to overcome obstacles.
- Finally, students write a reflection paragraph about a personal goal.
Handout Packet - Distance Learning Check In #2 (8 pages):
- After students have had a chance to work on their personal goal, it's time for the next check in!
- Students reflect on great moments and tough obstacles since their last check-in.
- Then, brainstorm goals and ways to overcome obstacles.
- Students can choose to continue to work on the same goal, or to work on a different goal.
- They reflect on what happened when they tried to achieve their goal and what they could improve on to get better results.
- Finally, students write a reflection paragraph about their personal goal.
Version 1.0a: Initial release of Personal Resolution lesson
- Updated to include “any time” personal resolutions version
- Bundled with the New Year’s Resolution writing assignment
Version 1.0: Initial release of New Year’s 2020 Resolution lesson
- Zipped file with Microsoft Word, PDF versions.