Also included in
- Are you looking for easy ways to integrate STEM career exploration and make your NGSS lessons more relevant and engaging? With this introductory STEM career exploration curriculum, turn every lesson into a STEM lesson, and effortlessly make career connections! Featuring over 300 pages worth of engagPrice $90.85Original Price $100.94Save $10.09
- Explore science and engineering with these 12 hands-on resources aligned with the NGSS! Games, lesson plans, and career exploration to help you seamlessly integrate engineering into your classroom. This Engineering Careers STEM Bundle provides a good mix of in person and distance learning resourcesPrice $41.36Original Price $50.44Save $9.08
- A solid understanding of Environmental Science is critical for our next generation of leaders and innovators. Combine scientific understanding with career exploration in this Environmental Science STEM Lessons and Career Exploration Bundle! A good mix of in person and distance learning resources incPrice $37.97Original Price $48.94Save $10.97
How can we engineer a garden to produce maximum vegetables? Students will design and build 'agriculturally engineered' gardens in an attempt to outperform the control. Acting as agricultural engineers, students will collect, analyze, and interpret data from their gardens to provide evidence for the effects of resource availability on organisms and populations of organisms in an ecosystem (NGSS MS-LS2-1).
Student Learning Objectives:
-design and build a garden based on agricultural growing concepts
-specify control treatments for a given experiment
-collect and analyze data to provide evidence for the effects of resource availability on organisms and populations
-compare and contrast experimental outcomes
1. three 60-minute in-person lesson plans written in 5E format (2 consecutive classes, then one class at the end of the 2-week experimental period) in EDITABLE WORD DOC format
2. student worksheets to guide through all three lessons (within editable word doc)
3. online reading with graphic organizer
4. answer key
5. access to online agricultural engineer career exploration resources including virtual job shadow youtube video, career information sheet in English and Spanish, and career focused activity to 'test drive' this career
No prep needed, just download and go! This resource works best with in-person learning.
You might also like...
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!