Supplement and enhance your poetry unit with these great activities and student printables! The resources included work with any poem.
In the download you will find:
1) A poetry spinner that can be used in small groups to encourage critical thinking about the poems they are reading (printable or digital)
2) Two printables that can be used with any poem to help guide your students thinking as they read through the poem (printable or digital)
3) A mini-bulletin board set with poetry-term definition cards as well as cards with different types of poetry genres. (Headings included for both)
4) Graphic organizer sheets for several types of poems including cinquain, haiku, bio, shape,diamante, acrostic, and couplet poems. These sheets can be used either to create a poetry book for your students or as planning sheets for student writing! (printable or digital)
5) Fluency voice cards - perfect for a fluency center to have students practice reading a poem using different expressions. (printable or digital)
Whether you do an in depth study on poetry or just touch on it during April (National Poetry Month) you will find this packet helpful for you and your students!
Looking for additional poetry resources? Check these out: