A great collection of resources that will enrich your earthquake unit, including:
• A map
to post on the wall and a link to add current earthquakes;
• A map for teams of students
to plot past earthquakes using data I've included AND eleven completed maps so students can check their work;
• An description for demonstrations
using a rope and a coil spring to introduce the different earthquake waves;
• A suggestion for creating a model of a seismogram
• Three brief teacher backgrounds
and a link
to more information and an amazing collection of additional options;
• 4 PowerPoint™ presentations
* with copyright free images you can copy and paste into a different format;
• Students texts
about earthquakes, earthquake waves, the Modified Mercalli Scale, the Richter Scale, and moment magnitude;
of five texts for students who benefit from hearing the information;
• Students could compare and contrast
the three different scales;
• A video
that gives you an overview of your purchase - it's like I'm sitting next to you explaining what you can choose.
• Four suggestions for assessments
, the pencil and paper assessment has been saved in both English and Spanish.
We have many resources for teaching about GEOLOGY
in our store!
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games
Visit our other store, Simply Math.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me!
You'll receive a message when I add new products or have a sale.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers
and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
* Copyright free or Creative Commons Share Alike - Use as you like, just don't sell the images!!