A great way
to add to your insect unit. Let me save you time
collecting resources! I've created games and activities that you can use to easily enrich your unit.
I've included so many resources. Check out the preview and this list:
• Introduce the topic with a PowerPoint™ presentation
that includes dozens of
gorgeous, copyright free images of insects.
• Write a story after choosing from two different writing prompts
on worksheets - just print!
• Learn new terms using a glossary
that includes definitions in both English
• Print and post up to thirty terms
on your wall
• Play an "I Have Who Has" game
as a fun way to review terms.
Choose from four different formats or change the text using a Word™ file
• Solve a Seek-a-Word puzzle
to review how to spell science terms.
(2 in English and 2 in Spanish)
• Get started creating an alphabet book
about insects using a list of terms
• Use suggestions for poems
, a list of proverbs
, or idioms
that feature insects
to tie science into language arts
• Connect math and science with insect trivia
that features LOTS of statistics
• Solve addition, subtraction, and multiplication problems on computation worksheets
(two of each with different levels and cute insects to color)
• Read a list of misconceptions
about animals and insects
• Use great images and backgrounds to create one of four different versions of
a coloring page
• Send home a parent letter
saved in English and Spanish with color or blackline images.
Use the Word™ documents included with your purchase to change the text
for your students. The letters include a link to a web page
with resources they
might explore with their children
• Play an I Have Who Has game
to review the characteristics, habitat,
life cycle, and food chain of an insect, text in both English and Spanish
This resource is saved in Word™ files so you can easily change the content of the game
• Create life cycle mobiles
for ladybugs and crickets that students can take home
to share with families
• Attach an image to a large sheet of construction paper or a file folder to create
a fun folder
to hold student work
Choose from these ♥ great ♥ resources to easily add to your units that feature frogs, birds, butterflies, insects, whales, land mammals/cats, human anatomy,
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to our store to follow me and find out about new products.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog
to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
illustrations in my product were created by: The Educational Graphics Group