Also included in
- The mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum includes 8 units with 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS filled with TONS of hands-on and mindful activities that encourage children to express themselves and build important social emotional and social responsibility skills. Teach children$79.00$120.00Save $41.00
- This Respect & Gratitude SEL curriculum BUNDLE includes the PRINTABLE VERSION & a DIGITAL VERSION. Use both perfectly-aligned resources together to teach kids about respect, acceptance, honesty, and gratitude.Check out the PRINTABLE Respect curriculum for K-2 HERE filled with hands-on and mi$22.00$27.00Save $5.00
- This mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 includes the PRINTABLE VERSIONS & DIGITAL VERSIONS of all 8 units. Each unit consists of 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS filled with printable and digital, interactive activities that encourage children to express themselves$118.00$216.00Save $98.00
This respect SEL curriculum is teacher-approved and includes 5 detailed lessons filled with hands-on and mindful activities that teach children about respect, acceptance, honesty, and gratitude.
The lessons and activities work great for morning classroom meetings or daily lessons, school counselors and classroom teachers, and children in K-2.
♥♥The mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 is available for a SPECIAL DISCOUNT. Get your entire year’s worth of lessons (40 included) and activities to help young children to develop emotional literacy, self-control, and social competence TODAY! ♥♥
Through a variety of thought-provoking lessons, discussions, community building ideas, and tons of engaging activities…
- Children will understand what respect is and describe how it sounds, looks, and feels.
- Children will describe and demonstrate ways to show respect in different places and ways.
- Children will be encouraged to show respect each day.
- Children will describe what honesty and telling the truth means and demonstrate ways of being honest.
- Children will describe what gratitude means and the importance of giving thanks.
- Children will strive to give thanks and appreciate what they have.
- Children understand and show appreciation of differences and similarities amongst classmates.
What does this unit cover?
What is Respect?
Lesson 1 teaches to understand what respect is and describe how it sounds, looks, and feels.
Lesson 2 teaches children to describe and demonstrate ways to show respect in different places and ways. They will be encouraged to show respect each day.
Honesty & Telling the Truth
Lesson 3 teaches children to describe what honesty and telling the truth means and demonstrate ways of being honest.
Gratitude & Giving Thanks
Lesson 4 teaches children to describe what gratitude means and the importance of giving thanks. Strive to give thanks and appreciate what they have.
Appreciating & Accepting Differences
Lesson 5 teaches children to understand and show appreciation of differences and similarities amongst classmates.
Activities included in the Respect unit:
Look at the PREVIEW for a look at this SEL unit up close and the variety of lessons and activities included!
- Discussion Starters cards
- Anchor Chart pieces
- Coloring Posters
- Tons of literature connections & writing activities
- Sorting activity
- Respect vs. Disrespect sort
- The Day the Crayon Box Talked craftivity
- Scenario cards
- Gratitude wall or jar note templates
- Poetry activities & templates
- Respect hat
- Gratitude cube game
- Gratitude journal
- & more!
Notes for Teachers:
Teachers are provided with comprehensive lesson plans, lesson layouts, printable materials, instructions, and a layout that is simple and easy to implement. This is a flexible SEL curriculum that can be taught when teachers have time, while the recommendation is to teach a lesson once to twice a week.
The mind+heart loosely aligns with the CASEL framework of the 5 core competencies for SEL, as well as other state SEL initiatives, which are research-based.. It provides educators with an affordable option that is comprehensive and appropriate for the K-2 classroom.
Try the SEL program that is needed in ALL classrooms!
Need digital and printable SEL lessons and activities?
♥♥The DIGITAL & PRINTABLE Social Emotional Learning Curriculum COMBO BUNDLE for K-2 is available NOW at a HUGE discount (45% OFF buying the units separately)! Use both bundles together (DIGITAL & PRINTABLE) to offer a well-rounded SEL program in your classroom! ♥♥
Check out the other SEL units for K-2:
Check out the *DIGITAL* SEL units for K-2:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Proud to be Primary