Get your students actively involved in a discussion about respect in the classroom. This lesson has an interactive Power Point in which scenarios are presented. Students give a thumbs up if the scenario shows respect or a thumbs down if the scenario does not show respect. Click the slides to see if the class was right! Next the classroom transforms into a courtroom as the students act out three cases:
Case #1: The Case of the Talking Trick or Treaters
Case #2: The Case of Cindy Ella
Case #3: An Out of this World Case
The remaining students in the class become the jury as they decide the fate of the defendants. The final activity allows students to work together to create a banner of respect.
This packet is designed to provide you with everything needed to help students learn the importance of having respect for others. No planning required!
After completion of the lesson, students will be able to:
• Identify how respect may look differently across different settings
• Become familiar with ways to show kindness toward others
• Establish a classroom culture of respect
What is included in this packet?
1. Respect in the Classroom Lesson Plan (3 pages)
2. Respect in the Classroom Interactive Power Point (35 slides)
3. 3 Respect in the Classroom Courtroom Cases’ Scripts (6 pages)
4. Guilty/Not Guilty Signs (2 pages)
5. RESPECT Activity (7 pages)