Teachers are under enormous pressure to meet the ever-increasing demands in the field of education. A large portion of that stress is directly related to parent communication.
What teacher has not received a nasty, angry, abusive, or unpleasant email at one time in their career? There is no education course that I am aware of, that specifically teaches teachers how to manage unpleasant parent communication in a practical and effective way. Instead, teachers feel left to defend themselves from what feels like an onslaught of accusatory, disrespectful, and angry emails—the ones that call into question their competence and integrity.
Based on my years of experience as a teacher and school administrator this book is packed with information, tips, samples, and guides for responding to those unpleasant parent emails in a way that results in a positive response from a parent every time.
• Learn why these kinds of emails end up in your inbox.
• Learn about the common needs and emotions of school parents.
• Learn how to deal with your emotions in a way that moves you to a place of empathy so that you can respond without escalating the situation.
• Learn the structure for writing the email that results in a positive response from the parent every time.
• Use the wording from my sample emails to write your own email responses until you get the hang of it.
Please leave feedback and let me know how it works for you.