There are two ability levels of the PowerPoint. The enriched version has a few more links. The basic levels simplifies the language of the content. It is great to use when parallel co-teaching but if you are not lucky enough to have a co-teacher, you can choose the ability level that is best for each of your classes.
There is a vocabulary slide that includes the following vocabulary words:
7. Graduated Income Tax
The essential questions are at the beginning of the PowerPoint and then repeat again at the end. The following are the essential questions:
1. What technology helped farmers sell their goods at distant markets?
2. What were some problems facing the farmers?
3. How did the Grange help farmers?
4. What was the importance of the Populist movement?
5. What was the effect of migration and settlement in the west?
The following content is used:
1. Expanding Agricultural Products and Railroads
2. Cheap Money and High Railroad Rates
3. The Grange
4. The Populist Movement
5. The Closing of the Frontier (railroad, homestead act, limitations of the physical environment)
This purchase only includes the PowerPoint but there is a bundle that includes both the PowerPoint and the lesson plan. Below is what is included in that bundle:
1. Lesson Plan
2. 3 Ability Levels of Vocabulary Sheets
3. Enriched Note Sheets for both PowerPoints
4. Basic Note Sheets for Enriched PowerPoint
5. Basic Notes for Basic PowerPoint
6. Cause and Effect Graphic Organizer Answer Key
7. 2 Ability Levels of Cause and Effect Graphic Organizer Activity
8. 2 Ability Levels of Common Core Primary Source Interpretation about the Populist Party
9. Populist Answer Key
If you are interested in finding out more about the bundle, please follow this link: Response of the Farmer to Industrialization Lesson Plan and PowerPoint Bundle
This was revised on 10/06/2013 but I could not check the homestead act link because of the government shut down. The link is on one of their sites. All other links worked on that date.
Please download the preview file so that you understand better what you are getting. This is based on the 8th grade NYS social studies curriculum and standards.
Please consider following me so that you can be notified when I upload new items and when I throw sales. Thank you in advance for rating me. It really helps other teachers like you know the quality of my PowerPoints.
Response of the Farmer to Industrialization Lesson and PowerPoint Bundle
by Kasha Mastrodomenico
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction