Responsible Decisions | Social Emotional Learning | Decision-Making | SEL
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This social skills and social emotional learning full curriculum "The Best Of Me" for Level 1 (Similar to 1st Grade) covers the areas of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making and social. This curriculum is also appropriate for gradePrice $79.00Original Price $102.00Save $23.00
- This social skills and social emotional learning mini bundle is part of the full curriculum "The Best Of Me" for Level 1 (Similar to 1st Grade). There is one lesson in each of the following areas: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-makingPrice $15.00Original Price $20.00Save $5.00
This social emotional learning lesson on responsible decisions helps students to understand what responsible decisions are. As children grow their responsibilities grow so they need to be taught what kinds of decisions are responsible and what kinds are irresponsible. This is the beginning of a life long skill that will help them throughout their entire life
Let’s teach students about responsible decisions. Let’s teach students how to follow 2- step directions. This is simply done through an engaging social story game, TWO related printable activities, a transition to close the lesson, an extended learning “idea” for that week and “The Best Of Me” awards.
YES! YES! YES! See preview for a better look at this product (you might not even have to read the rest after you see the preview but I would love it if you did). Everything included is mentioned in the preview above.
The social story game contains a 25-page story to help students practice distinguishing the difference between responsible decisions and irresponsible decisions. They need to decide if they show a thumbs up/down card (or use their own thumb) for yes/no answers on each page. The story is unique because it has situations for students to put “themselves” as the characters to help them make their own positive choices. Scenarios involve situations at school, home and in public places.
One activity is a small social story book that students will cut apart, color and staple back together . The second is an activity that will require some drawing/writing and/or coloring. Students will need markers/colored pencils/crayons and a scissors to complete these activities.
A simple question students will answer to help them transition nicely to the next activity. This also should be used as DATA to see if students understood the lesson.
A simple “idea” on how to build on this lesson. This is done through modeling, teacher acknowledgement and praise.
- Read the social story game on a DIGITAL DEVICE used as PDF or you can print it out. Students will show you the thumbs up or thumbs down cards for yes/no answers on each page. Personally, I sometimes will stop to go more in depth on the pages I feel need to be discussed more and to expand on the story.
- Have students complete the printable activity(s)
- Complete the transition activity
- Use the extended learning ”idea” for the rest of the week up to a year to build on this lesson.
- Hand out "The Best Of Me" Awards throughout the week/year when you see students giving "The Best Of Me"
This activity is simple, effective and easy to follow! I am a huge fan of simple because I think it does the trick most of the time while keeping the engagement, focus and attention!
This lesson is grouped into Level 1 (as a part of "The Best Of Me" 1st Grade Curriculum), but can be used with all primary grade levels.
You can teach this in a large group, small group or to individual students
There is one OPTIONAL prep item (thumb cards-see preview). If you buy the entire ”The Best Of Me” curriculum linked below this is the ONLY prep item used in the entire curriculum besides the printables! YAY!!
This is research based and aligned with CASEL’s 5 Areas of Core Competence in Social Emotional Learning.
Similar version of this game on Boom Learning- Click Me!
- In-Person through Digital PDFs and printables
- Distant learning through PDFS and sending home activity sheets
- Homeschool(while replacing the teacher role with the “homeschool teacher” role)
FULL CURRICULUM CLICK HERE: Level 1 (Can correspond with 1st Grade, but can be used for all primary grades)
•5 lessons on self-awareness
•5 lessons on social awareness
•5 lessons on self-management
•5 lessons on relationship skills
•5 lessons on responsible decision-making
Level Pre-K- Coming Soon
Level K - Coming soon
Level 2 - Coming soon
And of course we can’t forget…
Let’s be friends!
Follow me here:
More questions? Contact me with the contact button or at
Thank you for visiting my store,
Have a great day!