Also included in
- These 10 sets of task cards are a great way to try a variety of different task cards presented in several different formats. You are likely to find it useful if: -You have never used task cards, but would like to try-You have switched grade levels from primary to upper elementary (grades 3-5)-You wo$23.56$33.56Save $10.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$272.93$373.35Save $100.42
- This bundle of 6 Task Card Sets (224 cards) are perfect to help your students learn your classroom rules and procedures, learn about each other, and to help them master two important skills they will need throughout the year: following directions and rephrasing the question. Each set has been revise$13.82$19.74Save $5.92
The ability to restate a question, in order to answer in a complete sentence is important not only in test-taking situations, but also for many types of writing. These 32 task cards (print or digital) can help your students learn this challenging skill. There are two types of questions in this set. Cards 1-20 feature one-part questions. Odd cards ask about the student’s life while even cards ask about text/media and the outside world. Each question includes some context to add to the challenge. Cards 21-32 are two-part questions. Students will restate the first question, add the word, “because” and then answer the second question in the same sentence.
The questions themselves are all easy to answer since it is not the content, but the putting the question in the answer (PQA) format that is being practiced. You may even want to make the activity more fun by encouraging your students to give silly answers.
- Directions and Suggestions
- 32 Printable Task Cards Color
- 32 Printable Task Cards Blackline
- Cover Card
- Printable Posters
- Student Answer Sheets
- Answer Key
- Google Slides Option
- 32 Google Slides Task Cards
You may also want to check out this easier set of Restate the Question Task Cards
Other Great Products:
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom