The Restaurant Writing Center combines reading and writing with the practical life skills of table settings, restaurant etiquette and career exploration; not to mention food vocabulary and association with various themes and cuisines!
This is the Mardi Gras Restaurant Writing Center; Mexican, Pizzeria, Chinese, Sports Grill, French Cafe, 50's Diner and other Holiday Restaurant Writing Centers found here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Culinary-Across-The-Curriculum/Category/Elementary
Included in the Mardi Gras Restaurant Writing Center:
1. Step by Step Small Group Lesson Idea
2. Teacher Prep List and Tips
3. Placemat Writing Worksheet
4. Server Uniform 'Color and Cut Out' Template
5. Server Pad: Name your restaurant, script for taking the order and circle the order of each guest
6. Menu with 3 options of drinks, appetizers, main courses and desserts-photos included.
7. Optional math worksheet: How much does my meal cost?
You can use props and have the students set the table during the center or just use what is included here as strictly a reading and writing activity.
Optional props would be a towel for the server's arm, cups, forks, spoons, knives and napkins for setting the table and paper plates for either coloring on or snack time!
Food and restaurant lessons are always a hit! Make the Restaurant Writing Center a regular activity in your classroom and your students will be setting the table and ordering meals like mini foodies before you know it!
I hope you enjoy this activity!