Includes both print and Google classroom versions.
Use this as an introduction or first step to writing a resume.
In this exercise, students become introduced to the parts of a resume, fill out their information, and then use one of the given templates to arrange this information spatially, so they have a visual practice resume to work with.
Are you interested in teaching about job applications, resumes, job interviews, and following up?
Then you'd love the "What I Wish I Learned in School": The Complete Series
You will receive:
- Resume note-taking handout for students
- "What skills do I have?" - reflective questions for students to think deeply about their strengths and skills.
- Resume Pre-Write handout - it has a comprehensive list of skills and personality traits so that students aren't additionally burdened with researching these qualities on their own.
- 1 Example of a Resume
- (2) Resume templates -- one for students with no experience, one for students with some experience
- Filled-in Resume note-taking worksheet -- either to read along as a class, or lecture notes for you...I usually write and the students write along with me.
"What I Wish I'd Learned in School"