These retelling anchor charts, graphic organizers, and interactive notebook pages were designed to work with any text. Retelling is a key skill to learn for both reading and writing. These resources can be used in a variety of different ways during whole group or small group instruction and independent work. Easy to remember and familiar stories/ideas anchor learning and help scaffold each type of retelling for little learners or older learners who need some extra intervention. Anchor charts, graphic organizers, and interactive notebook pages all come with and without pictures in both color and black and white so you can choose what works best for you and your class.
Types of retelling structures included in this packet:
1. Ordinal Number retelling- first, second, third, fourth (Humpty Dumpty)
2. Beginning, Middle, and End (Goldilocks and the Three Bears)
3. Characters, Setting, Problem, and Solution (The Three Pigs)
4. Somebody, Wanted to, But, So (The Three Billy Goats Gruff)
5. Main Idea and Three Supporting Details (Apples)
Please check out the preview to see a sample of what is included.