I created these Retelling Bookmarks because some of my students were struggling to remember story elements and transition words when orally retelling a story or summarizing information from a book.
These over-sized bookmarks (there are two on each page) are the hands-on solution to keeping students engaged and focused as they retell a story or informative text!
This Download Includes Bookmarks for the Following:
* Characters and Setting
* Beginning, Middle, End
* First, Next, Last
* Beginning, Middle, End, This story makes me think about...
* First, Next, Last, This story makes me think about..
* First, Next, Last, My favorite part of the story was...
* First, Next, Then, Last
* First, Next, Then, Last, This story reminds me of...
* First, Next, Then, Last, My favorite part of the story was...
* First, Next, Then, After that, Finally
* Problem, Events, Solution
* Problem, Solution, Lesson
* Problem, Solution, Central Message
* Somebody, Wanted, But, So
* Somebody, Wanted, But, So, Then
* Main Topic and Facts
* Main Idea and Details (from text and pictures)
* Questions I still have
*Text Connections (self, text, world)
Simply print these ink-friendly bookmarks on card stock or colored paper, cut, and laminate for durability! Another option is to print on regular white paper and have students color the bookmark. You could also shrink these on the copier by 50% and have 4 to a page.
Little Rhody Teacher