This story retell and sequencing book is a great way for your students to practice retelling a story using time order words to improve story comprehension!
There are 3 double sided versions included:
• The Retelling Storybook in color
• The Retelling Storybook in b/w
• The Retelling Storybook for illustrating story events
Each book supports the skill of retelling by including transition words to prompt your student to retell as they identify the main events of a story.
Suggested Use in the Classroom:
• students practice retelling the story by turning the pages of the notebook and pointing to each time order word as they retell.
• Reading Partners share a story read with one another
• students ILLUSTRATE the story while sequencing the events.
Store the retelling notebooks in your student’s book boxes as an activity to complete “after reading”
• assessment tool for reading comprehension
Please visit my blog TheKFiles.com for additional resources and ideas!
From my home away from home…
The K Files