Have fun reading this Gingerbread story leading up to Holiday Break! Students can practice retelling the story using the fun retelling circle or practice their fluency reading the Gingerbread Man poem! Here are all the activities included in this sweet gingerbread resource:
1. Retelling Circle of the Gingerbread is Loose in the School. Copy these pages back to back. You will need a paper fastener.
2. Story Organizer for any Gingerbread Man story
3. Gingerbread Man poem from story. Have students illustrate and practice their fluency reading with this poem. They can paste it in their poetry notebook.
4. Where would your Gingerbread Man go in your school? Have students create their own mini Gingerbread Man story.
5. Let’s write about the steps to make cookies!
6. Editable cookies to put your spelling or word work words on. Create a center where students have to organize them on a cookie sheet in ABC order, then write them on paper.
7. Editable “You are One Smart Cookie” post it notes. Your students will love to get these little notes after their Gingerbread Story adventure!