Working on retrieving or inferencing information is made easy with this set of celebration themed task cards! Students read the text on each card and then answer the questions. The text is the same on both sets but the questions vary depending on the skill being focused on. Students can complete this task verbally or use the answer sheets provided. Themes covered include: Easter, Saint Patrick’s Day, Halloween and Christmas. All text is in narrative form.
Great for rotations, individual work, small groups, consolidation or assessment. Ideal for relief work as these can be used as once off lessons.
Cards are easy to prepare. Simply cut out two cards and put together. You will then have a double sided task card ready for laminating. You may choose to simply print an entire page as A4 and laminate it.
What this resource includes:
* 16 Task cards for retrieving information that is directly stated in the text OR shown in the picture
* 16 Task cards for inferencing information from the text
* 2 answer sheets for each comprehension level
* Has text that is suitable for a Middle Primary student to read
* Is available in colour or black and white format
This resource is recommended for use in Years 3 to 5 but may be used in earlier grades if assisted or for revision in higher grades. I have successfully used these in a range of learning situations.