Students are expected to know and retain more and more information these days. Even with helpful reminders to pay attention in class and remember to study, students are often on information overload without a way to process it all. Study Sticks are designed to help students retain important information in enjoyable and creative ways!
The 30 engaging activities included require students to:
Study Sticks may used in a variety of ways, which may include:
1. During/After a Lesson – Either the teacher or a student pulls and reads a Study Stick. Have a student (or the entire group, if applicable) follow the instructions. Some activities may be written down, so it’s helpful when students have a notebook (or the study sheet provided) available at times. Activities may also be discussed orally instead of written down in some cases.
2. Partner Activity – Use Study Sticks for study buddies. Partners work together to complete activities in a quiet corner or study center. One student may act as a listener and fact checker as the other student shares, then switch.
3. Study Center – Decide (or have students decide) on a topic to study. Have students bring notes, text book, etc. to a center. One student acts as a listener and fact checker. A stick is pulled. All others take turns or work as a team to decide upon an answer. The study sheet provided may be used to record answers if necessary.
4. Homework – Copy Study Sticks assignments and send home as a study tool for students and as a way to review information with a family member.
5. Variety of Topics – Study Sticks may be used with different topics and are especially helpful with vocabulary-rich topics and topics requiring memorization.
Save 25% by purchasing the Study Skills Bundle
The bundle contains this resource and the following resources:
Note Taking Cards for ANY Subject
Note Taking Organizers - Great for Review and Test Prep
Study Skills Posters
~For personal and single classroom use only.~