Let's Play Baseball!
This is a fun review game that I use in my Spanish class, but it can be applied to any subject at any grade level. Simply add in the questions and the responses into the slides and voilà! you have a fun review game for years to come :-)
Four categories (1st, 2nd, 3rd base and homerun!)
Input up to ten questions for each category.
The main page is hyperlinked to the question that the student is to answer.
Once the question has been answered, click the screen again and the correct answer will appear!
Click the arrow to go back to the main screen.
How to play:
There are many variations as how to play Baseball in the classroom, but I will share how I play it in mine.
1. Designate four spots in the classroom with the different bases.
2. Split the class into two teams and give them fun names.
3. Flip a coin or any other method to decide who is "up at bat."
4. One student from the team that is up at bat gets to choose a question from whichever category (or base) he/she prefers. If answered correctly, the student gets to move to the corresponding base. A new student would then come to answer the next question.
5. The other team, who is on the outfield, has a chance to get an out by answering correctly before the student at bat. Students can answer verbally or with a whiteboard.
6. Once there are three outs, the teams switch.
My students love this game because they thrive on competition, it applies to their love of sports and it gets them out of their seats!