This project can be used in any math class at any level. It can be used as a review at the end of a chapter, at the end of a bigger unit, at the end of the semester, or at the end of the school year. I had used it at the end of the semester.
Students choose an advanced topic (i.e it can't be too basic and it has to be at the appropriate math level) and they will either: sign a song, perform a demonstration, do a role-play, or draw a cartoon, and will present to the class. Students love that they have options to choose from, and really enjoy working in groups to do this project that sparks their creativity. I also give students the option to create videos if they don't want to present live.
This file includes everything needed to implement this project:
- Details about the requirements and presentation for each option
- Project steps
- Determining the grades criteria
- Advice for presentations
- Rubric (Categories include: Creativity, Quality & Difficulty of Topic, Understanding of Mathematics Concepts, Organization & Effort, Presentation)
- Peer Evaluation Form for Group Work
- Graphic organizer to keep track of the groups and the project option they chose
Note: If you’d like to purchase 10 of my projects as a bundle and save $20, please go to the following link: