Do your students still think of their first draft as a "sloppy copy" they just need to rewrite verbatim more neatly? When you tell them to revise, do they give you that blank stare, even though you've covered the writing process? These three resources offer students specific strategies for revising and guidance through the process.
*Keep early finishers on-task and really learning, not doing busy work
*Get them ACTUALLY revising their first drafts into BETTER writing pieces
*Free YOURSELF up to help those struggling students with minilessons, reteaching, specific guidance, and conferences
*Give your slower writers time to actually complete the entire writing process and all its important steps!
Included in this download:
1. Teacher Directions with tips and ideas to use these 3 resources
2. Task Cards with detailed strategies that tell students how to revise
3. Round Robin Peer Review & Feedback Sheets for small groups OR to use as a writing contest.
4. Writer’s reflection checklist included with Peer Review so kids know what to do after receiving feedback.
5. Choice Board of tasks in student-friendly language to add clarity and detail to narrative pieces.