Guide students through the revision and editing process using specific suggestion cards. Handy cards encourage students to find and give specific peer feedback to make effective revisions and editing changes. They also develop the language and terminology students will need to do close readings and analyze passages within Common Core.
Included in this 10-page word document are:
- 38 revision and editing suggestion cards.
- Sorting Worksheet to teach the difference between revising and editing
- Peer Feedback forms for revising and editing
- A revision game to encourage students to make changes
- Suggestions and ideas for using the cards in your classroom
Revision suggestion cards focus on changes to sentence structure, paragraph structure, and organization. Editing suggestion cards focus on fixing common spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes. You can differentiate the cards by choosing the ones that best fit your students.
This activity was designed for 7th and 8th grade ESL students. The document is in MS Word, so it is easily changed if you'd like to make modifications.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License