Revising and Editing Lessons Writing Papers, Rubrics 4th Grade W.4.4 W.4.5 W.4.6
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Teach your 4th grade students all of the Common Core ELA standards with ease. This bundle provides you with lesson plans for all standards, plus supplemental activities for students to practice their reading, writing, language, foundational skills, and speaking and listening skills. This bundle is fPrice $185.00Original Price $281.75Save $96.75
- This 4th grade writing bundle includes five sets to cover the standards that are included in the Common Core writing domain. These five sets will each have lesson plans, practice activities, writing sheets, assessments, and more. What is included in this bundle?Opinion Writing- W.4.1Informative WritPrice $42.00Original Price $52.00Save $10.00
This W.4.4, W.4.5, and W.4.6 fourth grade opinion writing unit includes lesson plans, writing prompts, writing papers, rubrics, graphic organizers, and assessments perfect for making your Editing and Publishing unit a breeze. In fourth grade, students must peer edit, revise and edit their work, then publish their work with different formats, digitally and not digitally.
There are 10 lesson plans, which can be spread out over the course of 3 or 4 weeks. There are many activities within each lesson plans, which should take you about 2 or 3 days to complete each. The lesson plans are scaffolded to gradually teach the process of writing opinion pieces.
- Lesson 1- Editing Symbols
- Lesson 2- Recalling CUPS and ARMS
- Lesson 3- Strengthening My Writing
- Lesson 4- Practicing Peer Editing
- Lesson 5- Peer Editing Practice- Narrative Writing
- Lesson 6- Peer Editing Practice- Informative Writing
- Lesson 7- Peer Editing Practice- Opinion Writing
- Lesson 8- Publishing a Handwritten Book
- Lesson 9- Publishing with Word
- Lesson 10- Publishing with PowerPoint
There are also...
--Writing papers with primary lines and regular lines (3 options with picture sizes)
--Assessments (teacher and self)
Interested in the Writing bundle?
This product comes in a bundle with the other Common Core writing standards. Save money and buy the bundle! Click here for the 4th grade Writing bundle!
OR you can snag the entire ELA year-long curriculum bundle with all 6 Common Core domains!
Click here for the 4th grade ELA Year-Long Curriculum bundle.
**Please keep in mind if you are buying multiple grade levels, the 3rd Grade Editing and Revision Writing sets will have some similar or overlapping activities BUT the prompts, pictures, and topics will be completely different. Several of the activities are changed, too, but it follows a similar format.**
This unit covers the Writing Common Core State Standard W.4.4, 4.5, 4.6:
Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development and organization are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience. (Grade-specific expectations for writing types are defined in standards 1-3 above.)
With guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, and editing. (Editing for conventions should demonstrate command of Language standards 1-3 up to and including grade 4 here.)
With some guidance and support from adults, use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing as well as to interact and collaborate with others; demonstrate sufficient command of keyboarding skills to type a minimum of one page in a single sitting.
Like this resource? Make sure to follow my store to keep up with brand-new products!
This purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you're interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses for a discount through the TeachersPayTeachers tool. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.firstname.lastname@example.org.